Using Sensei is as straightforward as creating a WordPress page or post, with it being powered by its own Lessons custom post type. The plugin is designed around the intuitiveness of the WordPress user interface, making it the best Learning Management System for WordPress. Period.
Easy content creation
Create courses, write lessons, and then add quizzes to test your learners. Setting up prerequisites for both courses and lessons is a breeze in this hugely flexible plugin.
Quick user registration
Signing up for a course is with Sensei using WordPress user registration. Learners then have access to a dashboard and can track their course/lesson progress.
Charge for courses
Sensei seamlessly integrates withWooCommerce, allowing you to charge for courses. Set up a product and link it to a course. You’re done.
Sensei will function out of the box with most well-coded WordPress themes, with default styling provided in the plugin. However, it may not look the prettiest if there are theme code conflicts. We recommend using one of ourSensei-compatible themes.
Sensei provides reporting facilities that give you an overview of your content, grades, and students registered with the site.
With a variety of question types at your disposal, there’s virtually no limit to the kind of quizzes you can create.
Create a ‘bank’ of questions, and display a random selection to your learners when they take a quiz.
Have quizzes graded automatically, or choose manual grading for questions that require review by a teacher.
Share Your Idea
Tell us what new Sensei features you want, and vote for your favorites on our Ideas Board.
Something missing? There’s an extension for that!
Sensei provides a powerful, extendable, framework for offering courses online. Using our collection of extensions, create a course tailored to your Learning Management System needs.
No. Sensei handles the creation and publishing of Courses and Lessons. It can be used in conjunction with membership plugins and eCommerce plugins to sell access to Courses. See Sensei and Membership for a guide on how to do this.
What kind of Quiz questions can I create?
Sensei supports many question types for your learners to answer. You can now grade your learners by having them answer Multiple Choice, True/False, Gap Fill, Multi Line, Single Line, and File Upload questions.
Can I customize the layout and styling of the plugin?
Yes, you can use Sensei’s templating system to achieve this. We created a guide in Sensei Theming to help you do this.
Will Sensei work with my theme even if it’s not a WooTheme?
Yes! Sensei has been developed to work with any WordPress installation. You might be required to add some code snippets for the layouts to appear correctly, if your theme is built in a way that conflicts with Sensei wrappers. This is explained at Sensei Theming.
For starters, we made it fully compatible with all default WordPress themes. Since version 1.2.1, we added support for Definition and our flagship theme, Canvas.
You can view all Sensei-compatible WooThemes here.
We also provide the code you need to ensure compatibility with some of the most popular WordPress themes.
Can I use Sensei on a multisite installation?
While Sensei has not been designed specifically for multisite use, it can be used in a multisite environment, where it is activated and managed separately on each subsite. Sensei data cannot be shared between subsites. To work on a multisite setup, you need to purchase a key for each site using the 5 or 25-site subscription options.
Can I use multiple videos, audio, and pictures in Courses and Lessons?
Yes, you can use the editor area, as well as the video embed field. Any content that you can upload to the WordPress editor may be used.
Can I grade my learners’ quizzes manually?
Sensei automatically grades your learners’ quizzes, if you have chosen this option for the lesson, but it can only automatically grade Multiple Choice and True/False question types. All other question types must be manually graded using the new grading area. You can manually grade all questions if you prefer.
Can I translate (localize) Sensei?
Yes. Sensei has a built-in language localization system.
As of version 1.9, Sensei translations are available as language packs that can be installed from your dashboard. For more information, see Localizing Sensei.
What type of video is supported?
WordPress includes a native video player for videos uploaded directly to your site via Add Media button. You can also use the oEmbed function to embed external videos.
We recommend Vimeo Plus if you want to protect your video content.
Does Sensei support SCORM and what about importing content?
Sensei does not support SCORM import/export for version 1x. We have supported the standard WordPress import/export functionality from version 1.
Does Sensei support certificates for passing courses?
* Fix minor syntax in course categories widget #1786 * Add filter for permitted data update functions #1783 * WC 3.0 Compat: Fix admin course notices #1788 * WC 3.0 Compat: Ignore orphaned product variations #1789 * Make sure sensei_message save hook runs after CPT is registered #1770. Fixes Compatibility issue with Safe Redirect Manager * Fix non-localization friendly quiz title #1768 * use $wpdb->users and $wpdb->comments instead of $wpdb->prefix on Bulk Learner Action Query
2017.04.07 – version 1.9.13
* Add Experimental Course Admin REST API (disabled by default) * Add Allow user to change question points text formatting * Add support for `source` tag for videos * Allow admin to reset quiz for single student * Warn users when admin_email not a wp admin email * Fix random HTML rendering into REST endpoints for course shortcodes * Fix Fatal error when viewing Sensei course in combination with the Products Bundle plugin * Fix Module description not displayed on course page * Fix Login form sanitizes password * Fix Teacher not able to see the graded quizzes * Fix Single Course Page: Displaying “Lessons” header when there are no lessons * Fix issue when username is an email, but user has different email [Pri] Normal [Type] Enhancement * Fix WC >= 2.7-beta and WC 3.0 Compat in Lesson Admin * Fix WC 3.0 Select2 conflict by Upgrading to Select2 v4 * Fix Allow Memberships cache control on start_courses_associated_with_membership * Fix ‘reset’ learner bulk action not resetting all courses * Add filter for learner profile permalink * Fix empty CSV analysis export for learners * Various fixes and improvements
2017.03.01 – version 1.9.12
* Bulk Learner Actions – Initial version. You can now assign, unassign and reset multiple users on (multiple) courses. * Compatibility with Woocommerce 2.7 * Initial support for the new user defined locale settings on wp 4.7 * Fix – Jetpack Compat: Add Beautiful Math Support on quiz feedback * Fix – Correctly display answer feedback on quizzes * Fix – Cancelled trial subscriptions do not retain course access after trial expires. * Fix – Purchased course doesnâ€™t show on learner profile * Fix – Error when updating course as a teacher in WP 4.7 * Bugfixes, improvements
2017.01.10 – version 1.9.11
* Improved WC Memberships integration. Added option to “Auto-start” courses belonging to memberships when activated * Improved robustness of quiz save/submit when using random questions * Added option to disable HTML sanitization on video embeds to support legacy video providers * Fix – Logged out users get correct message on courses protected by memberships * Fix – Course results
title displayed * Fix – Only consider published lessons for completion percentages * Fix – Get rid several division by zero warnings * Fix – Display Course prerequisite message * Fix – Ensure a teacher cannot change the product associated with a course * Fix – correctly assign free subscription courses
2016.12.20 – version 1.9.10
* WordPress 4.7 Compatibility release
2016.10.19 – version 1.9.9
* Hotfix – Address possible fatal on older PHP versions
2016.10.18 – version 1.9.8 * Fix – Removed HTML output on lesson complete message * Fix – The video HTML tag now works properly in the video embed field * Fix – Deleted/non-existant courses showing in course order list * Fix – Completed lessons showing ‘in progress’ label * Fix – Missing link in log in message * Fix – Conflict with Heroic Knowledge Base * Fix – HTML showing in grading for uploaded files * Fix – Lessons show ‘please complete the previous course’ * Fix – Conflict with Jetpack: iframe video embeds converting to shortcodes * Fix – Parse errors on PHP <5.3
* Fix - typo in sensei_has_user_completed_prerequisite_lesson
* Fix - Conflict with Wishlist Member2016.09.29 - version 1.9.7
* Improve Module taxonomy labels
* Fix - Lesson doesn't appear on Course archive until ordering is resaved
* Fix - Errors when duplicating course with lessons
* Fix - Add modules-frontend.css to sensei_disable_styles filter
* Fix - Grade unanswered questions too
* Fix - Paypal "Cancel and return" causing a fatal error
* Fix - Do not create duplicate membership rules on save
* Fix - Random users not being assigned to courses after purchase
* Fix - "Quiz saved" notice not appearing
* Various security fixes2016.05.05 - version 1.9.6
* Fix - Fixed an issue prevent Modern Tribe's The Event Calendar from functioning properly.
* Fix - Ensure the question grade is shown inline with questions.
* Fix - Prevent a PHP notice when calling question results.
* Fix - Prevent a situation where quiz answers are revealed prior to submission.
* Fix - Use the course ID when building the permalink for the start course form.2016.04.26 - version 1.9.5
* Fix - The purchase course button wasn't showing up on some courses.
* Fix - Ensure courses are activated when order status is processing or completed.
* Fix - Ensure course linked to a subscription is activated immediately after purchase.
* Fix - Ensure the [sensei_course_page] shortcode displays lessons in modules.
* Fix - Fixed a few potential fatal errors when adding a learner to a course.
* Fix - Fixed the learner profile url when WordPress is installed in a separate folder.
* Fix - Ensure purchased courses don't display a price on the My Courses page.
* Fix - Remove link from lesson image on single lesson page.
* Fix - Ensure is_sensei() returns true on module archive pages.
* Fix - Ensure comments display on lessons for registered learners, if enabled.
* Fix - Ensure quiz shows correct message when submitted for manual grading.
* Fix - Ensure links in results page link to lesson pages.
* Fix - Ensure module is not removed from course when editing module via quick edit.
* Fix - Ensure quick editing a lesson does not remove any of its settings.
* Fix - Fixed input ids on multiple choice questions.
* Fix - Show appropriate message in Learner Management when a search returns no results.
* Fix - Ensure lesson/course completion emails are not sent to learners before completion.
* Fix - Prevent questions being deleted from original lesson, when deleting them from a duplicated lesson.
* Fix - When updating a lesson slug, ensure the corresponding quiz slug is also updated.
* Fix - When a lesson is permanently deleted, also delete the corresponding quiz.
* Fix - Ensure deleted lessons are not displayed on the course page.
* Fix - Course archive page now works if set as front page.
* Fix - Fixed up some formatting issues on the module archive page.
* Fix - When learner does not achieve the passmark, ensure the required passmark is displayed.
* Fix - Ensure correct/incorrect answers are indicated, according to https://docs.woothemes.com/document/sensei-quiz-settings-flowchart/
* Tweak - Removed empty span tag from single course page.
* Tweak - Added some new hooks to the [sensei_user_courses] shortcode.
* Tweak - Removed two redundant settings from the WooCommerce settings section.
* Tweak - Course archive page now displays the number of courses per page as specified in Settings > Reading (Blog pages show at most…) * Tweak – Improved the login message when a guest visitor views a course page. * Tweak – Changed heading tags in admin pages to conform to WordPress standards. * Tweak – Moved arrows after the text in course/lesson/quiz navigation. * Tweak – Improved string formatting for a few strings to make translation easier. * New – Added “menu_order” as an orderby parameter on [sensei_courses] to order courses as specified in Courses > Order Courses
2016.04.04 – version 1.9.4 * Fix – Ensure current quiz grade is displayed when submitting autograded quizzes. * Fix – Ensure grading notes are always displayed when quiz is manually graded. * Fix – Prevent fatal error when adding learner to a course. * Fix – Prevent Uncaught ReferenceError when removing learner from a course. * Fix – Ensure questions don’t change after submission when using a subset of questions in a quiz. * Fix – Fixed label text on search button in Learner Management. * Fix – Fixed incorrect WC order status. * Fix – Fixed an issue with is_course_purchasable() * New – Added support for WP QuickLaTeX plugin. * New – Added new ‘sensei_courses_shortcode_course_data’ filter in courses. * New – Added a ‘sensei_load_default_supported_theme_wrappers’ filter to allow disabling custom theme wrappers. * Tweak – Updated support link in Plugins page.
2016.03.03 – version 1.9.3 * Fix – Message titles now link to the individual messages. * Fix – Make sure Sensei does not affect the display of blog posts. * Fix – Fixed a few php warnings. * Fix – Courses linked to product variations can now be purchased. * Fix – Make “Free Preview” translation ready. * Fix – Make sure lessons can’t be viewed until the prerequisite is complete. * Fix – Fixed the course component widget for active and completed courses. * Fix – Ensure courses can’t be accessed if linked to a subscription that is on-hold, cancelled, or expired. * Tweak – Improved appearance of tabs when using [sensei_user_courses] * New – Added ‘Configure’, ‘Docs’, and ‘Support’ links to Sensei on Plugins page.
2016.02.11 – version 1.9.2 * Fix – Access permissions restored to the way it worked in version 1.8.8, totally removing the no-permissions templates. * Fix – Using $wpdb to prefix mysql queries, missed one instance in version 1.9.1 * Fix – Use the correct wc statuses when checking if an order is acceptable. * Fix – Ensure wc_get_product is wrapped inside a is WooCommerce active check to ensure the function exists. * Fix – Avoid checking if a user is on a course if the user is not logged in, removing an error notice. * Fix – ensure the take course button shows up for logged in user on the no-permissions template. * Fix – Boolean questions should not have default values. * Fix – Fix up the course component widget. * Fix – Add the missing preview label for preview lessons that appear in modules on a single course. * Fix – Remove users saved data from lesson when they are removed. * Fix – Hide complete lesson button on lesson when the current user is not taking the lessons course. * Fix – Hide preview if user is already taking course. * Fix – Creating sensei pages now updated correctly within settings. * Tweak – Hide add to cart if the course is already in cart. * Tweak – Get user saved answers to return null of none was saved as false values could also be answer values. * Tweak – Function sensei_can_user_view_lesson will now also work from the quiz template context. * Tweak – Fix up the frontend notification system to use the notification functionality built into Sensei. * New – Introduce a new function for checking if a course is purchasable.
2016.02.07 – version 1.9.1 * Fix – Use strtolower function on hosts that do not support mb_stringtolower. * Fix – Use $wpdb prefix for mysql queries where it wasn’t added. * Fix – Avoid division by zero error. * Fix – Do not hide embedded videos for admins and when a lesson is in preview mode. * Fix – The Woocommerce class should only be added to no-permissions template. * Fix – Ensure we check for is_object before trying to access the object property. * Fix – Add strings manually to allow for easier translation. * Fix – Fatal error on certain hosts by providing a direct path to woocommerce hooks loading file. * Fix – Fix the no permissions template when displaying a single course should also show lessons and possible modules. * Fix – Fix the preview lesson to ensure the message shown is the same as it was in 1.8.8 * Fix – Modules status was now shows the correct status message and css class. * Fix – Boolean question type html shows both false and true option correctly. * Fix – Update POT file to ensure no error are present. * Fix – Single course full or excerpt settings now show up exactly as it was set. * Fix – Hide view quiz button from users not taking the lesson * Fix – Hide login message from users who are already logged in * Fix – WooCommerce bug where users couldn’t purchases a course * Fix – Ensure that users manually added to a paid course still have access. * Tweak – Remove the delete course button from my-course while still allowing developers to show it with a filter.
2016.01.02 – version 1.9 For a list of files changed please see: https://github.com/woothemes/sensei/compare/version/1.8.9-beta-1…master#files_bucket
* New – Templates system completely overhauled. The templates now contain almost no logic, just hooks and html. Most functionality is hooked in which allows for even more customization and easier update fixes. It is also easier to read. This also includes the use of more functions to enforce greater code reuse. * New – Shortcode all the things. We’ve heard you here and we’ve added more shortcodes so can worry less about templates. the new shortcodes are on our support documentation. The old shortcodes works fine. * New – Course Archives template now overtakes the selected page giving you a new filterable list of courses. * New – A Next lesson button for easier flow while students progress through a course. * New – Custom round function that can be filtered, for developers to choose the decimals. * New – Sensei() now officialy replaces $woothemes_sensei, which will be deprecated soon. * New – php classes are now auto loaded when needed instead of loading all classes for every request. * New – New filters for all sensei core post type for easier customization. * New – Allow for zero graded questions, so you can ask things questions just for fun 🙂 * New – Option to send email to teacher when a learner completes a lesson * New – Course management metabox to Edit Course screen so you can jump to learner management and grading directly. * New – Renamed frontend.css to sensei.scss to avoid conflict and confusion with other plugins and themes. * New – Course in progress icon change so that it doesn’t look like it’s loading all the time. * New – Admin WordPress notice styles to align with core. * New – Support for Twentysixteen WordPress default theme * Fix – Integration support for WooCommerce subscriptions extension. * Fix – File upload popup didn’t work on the single question edit screen. * Fix – A call to the wrong get user function. * Fix – Encoding issues when using strtolower fixed. The function now returns utf-8. * Fix – Corrected a few typos. * Fix – No more forced updates. You are free to do them when you choose. * Fix – Broken html In certain places. * Fix – Use slug when adding question type and not the name. * Fix – Moved course details outside of H2 heading. * Fix – Ensure that grading notes show up for gap fill questions. * Fix – Remove extra forward slash when loading templates. * Fix – Multi-line question answers not showing in admin grading. * Fix – File upload paths on Multi-site. * Fix – No more double “Quiz Quiz” on your single quiz. * Fix – Sensei now handles url rule flushing so you don’t see 404 for Sensei specific page and post types. * Fix – Fix a few critical issues where we we instead of Menus for fine-grained control over menu items * Tweak – Displaying lesson excerpt on single lesson page for unregistered users * Tweak – Converting all Less files to SASS * Fix – Making sure that courses are no longer available after subscription ends * Fix – Ensuring that only valid users are shown in the grading dashboard * Fix – Fixing filter for quiz results link
2014.03.21 – version 1.5.3 * New – Moving global Sensei functions to new file to make them accessible everywhere * Fix – Fixing CSS conflict with WooCommerce forms * Fix – Fixing login form on My Courses page * Fix – Making sure multiple choice answers that contain apostrophes wil always work on any server * Fix – Fixing occasional WooCommerce error on single course pages
2014.03.07 – version 1.5.1 * New – Adding utility function to check if a user has completed a lesson * Fix – Fixing PHP errors on My Courses page * Fix – Fixing course progress bars on My Courses page
2014.02.13 – version 1.4.9 * Fix – Fixing WooCommerce taxonomy templates when Sensei is active * Fix – Fixing bug that was causing grades to be higher than 100% * Fix – Clearing floats on Sensei front-end messages * Fix – Making sure chosen drop down is always used on course product selection
2014.01.23 – version 1.4.8 * New – Allowing access to courses when WooCommerce order is marked as processing * Fix – Ensuring that all purchased courses show up on the My Courses page * Fix – Fixing auto grading when all user’s answers are incorrect * Fix – IE compatibility fix for course completion * Fix – Fixing update script so that all questions are not reset to multiple choice on update * Fix – Fixing sanitisation of answer input fields * Fix – Fixing saving of true/false questions * Fix – Ensuring that new questions do not contain data from previous question added * Fix – Preventing completed courses widget from showing all courses if none are completed * Tweak – General CSS tweaks
2013.12.13 – version 1.4.7 * Fix – Fixing add question function for WordPress 3.8+
2013.12.12 – version 1.4.6 * New – Adding Chosen Ajax library * Tweak – Updating Chosen CSS * Tweak – Moving nav arrows from markup to CSS (affects pagination wrappers) * Tweak – Removing absolute positioning from course action buttons on single course page * Tweak – Updating admin icons and styling for WordPress 3.8 * Tweak – Allowing Sensei updater to run functions from extensions * Tweak – Preventing grouped products from being selected as course products * Fix – Removing PHP warnings * Fix – Fixing course excerpt display on Courses page
2013.12.04 – version 1.4.5 * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-frontend.php – Ensures course content displays when user starts taking course * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-course.php, /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-frontend.php, /templates/loop-course.php, /widgets/widget-woothemes-sensei-category-courses.php, /widgets/widget-woothemes-sensei-course-component.php – Fixes lesson count when lesson and course have different authors * /assets/js/lesson-metadata.js – Fixes display of course name when adding from within a lesson * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-frontend.php – Adds course link to order thank you and details pages * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-course.php, /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-frontend.php, /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-learner-profiles.php, /templates/loop-course.php, /templates/loop-lesson.php, /templates/single-course/course-lessons.php – Removes empty ‘fix’ divs * /widgets/widget-woothemes-sensei-lesson-component.php, /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-course.php, /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-frontend.php – Markup fixes * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-learner-profiles.php – Enables auto paragraphs on learner profile description * /assets/css/frontend.css, /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-course-results.php, /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-course.php, /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-frontend.php, /inc/woothemes-sensei-template.php, /templates/content-no-permissions.php, /templates/single-quiz/quiz-questions.php, /templates/woocommerce/add-to-cart.php – Adds unique classes on sensei messages * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-analysis-course.php, /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-analysis-lesson.php, /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-analysis-overview.php, /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-analysis.php, /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-grading-main.php – Uses display name instead of username in Analysis/Grading sections * /templates/content-single-lesson.php, /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-frontend.php – Ensures lesson comments are only visible to users with access * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei.php, /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-frontend.php – Ensures courses are deactivated when an order is refunded/cancelled * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-course.php, /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-lesson.php, /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-settings-api.php, /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-settings.php, /classes/class-woothemes-sensei.php – Registers new image sizes for Sensei images, with hard crop setting * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei.php – Ensures guest checkout is disabled if Sensei products in cart * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-frontend.php – Only display excerpts for lessons/courses in search results
2013.11.20 – version 1.4.4 * /templates/course-results/course-info.php – Updating markup for course results page * /templates/learner-profile/learner-info.php – Updating markup for learner profile page * /templates/content-single-lesson.php – Fixing lesson prerequisite check * /widgets/widget-woothemes-sensei-course-component.php – Fixing ‘My Active Courses’ & ‘Featured Courses’ widgets * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-course-results.php – Updating markup & fixing rewrite rules for course results page * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-learner-profiles.php – Updating markup & fixing rewrite rules for learner profiles * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-course.php – Updating markup for lesson quiz meta buttons & fixing limits on course queries * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-frontend.php – Updating markup, fixing lesson prerequisites & adding function to check for completed lessons * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-utils.php – Updating button markup * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei.php – Fixing rewrite rules for learner profiles and course results page & improving guest checkout check
2013.10.24 – version 1.4.3 * /assets/css/frontend.css – Responsive layout tweaks & fixes. * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-frontend.php – fixes missing complete course hook, fixes missing lesson complete message and reset lesson buttons, fixes ‘delete course’ function. * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-utils.php – fixes lesson complete message on single lesson page if there are no quiz questions.
2013.10.15 – version 1.4.2 * /assets/js/lesson-metadata.js – fixes post issues with multiline and boolean add and edit ajax functions. * /templates/woocommerce/add-to-cart.php – fixes adding of variable subscription courses to cart. * /templates/single-quiz/question_type-boolean.php, /templates/single-quiz/question_type-essay-paste.php, /templates/single-quiz/question_type-gap-fill.php, /templates/single-quiz/question_type-multi-line.php, /templates/single-quiz/question_type-multiple-choice.php, /templates/single-quiz/question_type-single-line.php – sets default grade of 1 to every question for cases where no grade is set * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-admin.php – fixes issue where sensei comment types were visible to authors in the backend. * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-grading.php – fixes layout issue in the grading admin interface where the footer was misplaced. * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-updates.php – fixes array sort method error notices on the updates screen. * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-utils.php – fixes quiz submitted link translation string on single lesson page & auto grading issue when some questions are left unanswered. * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-frontend.php – fixes object instantiation PHP warning, and issue on quiz button incorrectly displaying on single lesson page. * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-lesson.php – fixes save function to handle changes made in lessons ajax.
2013.10.10 – version 1.4.1 * /templates/single-course/course-lessons.php – Fixing typo in lessons template * /assets/css/frontend.less, /assets/css/frontend.css – Updating layout of lesson buttons * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-frontend.php – Ensuring ‘complete lesson’ and ‘take quiz’ buttons display correctly * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-lesson.php – Fixing adding of multiple choice questions * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-course.php – Changing ‘chapters’ to ‘lessons’ for consistency * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-list-table.php – fixes user query and pagination for scaling * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-analysis-overview.php, /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-analysis-course.php, /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-analysis-lesson.php, /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-grading.php, /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-grading-main.php – fixes user query for scaling
2013.9.24 – version 1.4.0 * /templates/learner-profile.php, /templates/learner-profile/learner-info.php – Adding new templates to display learner profiles * /templates/course-results.php, /templates/course-results/course-info.php, /templates/course-results/course-lessons.php – Adding new templates to display course results page * /templates/user/my-courses.php – Moving courses output to global function * /templates/loop-course.php – Changing ‘Lectures’ to ‘Lessons’ & adding text filters * /templates/single-quiz/quiz-questions.php – Moving logic for quiz grade message into utility function * /templates/single-quiz/question_type-boolean.php, /templates/single-quiz/question_type-essay-paste.php, /templates/single-quiz/question_type-gap-fill.php, /templates/single-quiz/question_type-multi-line.php, /templates/single-quiz/question_type-multiple-choice.php, /templates/single-quiz/question_type-single-line.php – Adding question grade & answer notes * /templates/content-single-course.php, /templates/content-single-lesson.php – Allowing site admins to view all content * /templates/woocommerce/add-to-cart.php – Fixing purchase course button to work with variable subscriptions * /inc/woothemes-sensei-template.php – Adding sensei_all_access() function and text filters * /widget/widget-woothemes-sensei-category-courses.php, /widget/widget-woothemes-sensei-course-component.php – Changing ‘Lectures’ to ‘Lessons’ & adding text filters * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei.php – Loading new classes for learner profiles & course results and adding function to dynamically disable guest checkout * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-admin.php – Restructuring Sensei admin menu items & fixing menu highlighting * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-posttypes.php – Adding author field to post types, filters on labels and slugs, fixing a few translatable strings & restructuring admin menu items * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-updates.php – Adding admin menu page for manual updates, restructuring links, refactoring updates panel & adding new update function * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-course.php – Adding load_user_courses_content() to generate active/completed course data per user * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-settings.php – Adding Learner Profiles settings & updating descriptions for other settings * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-settings-api.php – Fixing HTML labels on settings page, updating settings CSS version * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-learner-profiles.php – New class for managing learner profiles * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-course-results.php – New class for managing course results pages * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-analysis.php, /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-analysis-overview.php, /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-analysis-course.php, /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-analysis-lesson.php, /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-analysis-user-profile.php, /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-grading-main.php – Updating layout, restructuring links, adding text filters, adding column array filters, enhancing user queries & removing CSS from non-Sensei pages * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-utils.php – Numerous changes for grade points, moving a number of operations into functions and some minor bug fixes * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-frontend.php – Adding extra info for question processing, fixing up lesson prerequisite functions, adding text filters & moving some operations into utility functions * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-list-table.php – Fixing sorting of primary columns * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-grading.php, /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-grading-user-quiz.php, /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-lesson.php, /assets/js/grading-general.js, /assets/js/lesson-metadata.js, /assets/js/general-frontend.js, – Adding grade points and answer notes per question, restructuring links, adding text filters, updating quiz add/edit UI, fixing PHP notices & removing CSS from non-Sensei pages * /assets/css/settings.less, /assets/css/settings.css – Adding styles for new grading features, updating quiz add/edit UI & updating general admin UI styling * /assets/css/frontend.less, /assets/css/frontend.css – Adding styles for learner profiles & course results * /assets/css/global.css – Updating styles for admin menu items * /assets/css/activation.less, /assets/css/activation.css – Adding stylesheet to handle Sensei setup notice * /assets/images/woothemes.png – Updating WooThemes logo
2013.07.01 – version 1.3.6 * /templates/single-quiz/question_type-multiple-choice.php – handles apostrophes in answers bugfix * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-utils.php – handles apostrophes in answers bugfix
2013.06.10 – version 1.3.5 * /assets/js/lesson-metadata.js – fix for true false question type selector problems * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-lesson.php – fix for true false question type selector problems * /widgets/widget-woothemes-sensei-course-component.php – fix for featured courses output
2013.06.04 – version 1.3.4 * /assets/css/global.css – updated styling for grading notices * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei.php, /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-analysis-course.php, /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-analysis-lesson.php, /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-frontend.php – fixes bug in completed courses logic * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-admin.php – updated backend stylesheets * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-grading.php – added grading success messages in the sensei_grading_notices action * /templates/single-course/course-lessons.php, /templates/user/my-courses.php – fixes bug in completed courses logic
2013.05.30 – version 1.3.3 * /assets/css/frontend.css – fixes Twenty Twelve CSS conflict for lesson navigation next and previous links * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei.php – adds support for more WC subscriptions actions
2013.05.28 – version 1.3.2 * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-grading.php, /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-utils.php – Fixing grading bug that was causing grade totals to not be saved, added function for lesson_quiz_questions() * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-frontend.php – Adding logic to fix message for lessons without quiz questions that have been completed * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-updates.php – Adding security checks on update script loops * /templates/single-quiz/quiz-questions.php – Improving check for manual/auto quiz grading on front-end
2013.05.27 – version 1.3.1 * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-grading.php – Fixing bug that prevented non-admin users from being graded
2013.05.16 – version 1.2.6 * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-frontend.php – modified the course signup link to handle purchaseable courses * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei.php – permissions modification for user access * /templates/content-single-lesson.php – added notice for course signup if the user doesnt have access * /templates/single-quiz/quiz-questions.php – disabled quiz fields for when user is not taking the course, and added signup notice
2013.05.13 – version 1.2.5 * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-frontend.php – fix for access permissions settings on Lessons and Quiz pages * /templates/content-single-lesson.php – fix for access permissions settings on Lessons page
2013.05.08 – version 1.2.4 * /widgets/widget-woothemes-sensei-course-component.php – fix for no active and completed courses in widget
2013.04.30 – version 1.2.3 * /assets/css/frontend.css – fix for FontAwesome issue in Firefox * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-frontend.php – warning message fix
2013.04.29 – version 1.2.2 * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-frontend.php – fix for get_comments_number filter * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei.php – fix for access permissions settings * /templates/single-lesson/lesson-meta.php – fix for access permissions settings
2013.04.04 – version 1.2.0 * /assets/css/settings.css – styling changes for Analysis * /assets/js/lesson-metadata.js – fix for media upload button not firing * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei.php – refactor for loading of classes, added subscriptions hooks, added logic for woocommerce order cancellation * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-analysis.php – refactor to use List Tables class, output functions for new Analysis areas, added export capability for Analysis tables * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-analysis-course.php – new class to handle Analysis Courses * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-analysis-lesson.php – new class to handle Analysis Lessons * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-analysis-overview.php – new class to handle Analysis Overview * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-analysis-user-profile.php – new class to handle Analysis User Overview * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-course.php – add filter for course placeholder image, handle product_variation post type * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-frontend.php – new hooks for frontend use, filters for custom nav menu items * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-lesson.php – add filter for lesson placeholder image * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-list-table.php – new list table class to handle data tables * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-posttypes.php – refactor for loading of classes * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei-utils.php – refactor for removing of comment_clause filters for checking sensei activity * /inc/woothemes-sensei-template.php – removes old functions, recent comments widget fix * /templates/archive-course.php – fixes shortcode issues on paginated pages * /templates/content-no-permissions.php – uses new frontend hooks * /templates/content-single-course.php – uses new frontend hooks * /templates/content-single-lesson.php – uses new frontend hooks * /templates/content-loop-course.php – uses new frontend hooks * /templates/content-loop-lesson.php – uses new frontend hooks * /templates/content-taxonomy-course-category.php – uses new frontend hooks * /templates/woocommerce/add-to-cart.php – handle product_variation post type * /widgets/widget-woothemes-sensei-category-courses.php – uses new frontend hooks * /widgets/widget-woothemes-sensei-course-component.php – uses new frontend hooks * /widgets/widget-woothemes-sensei-lesson-component.php – uses new frontend hooks
2013.03.11 – version 1.1.2 * classes/class-woothemes-sensei-utils.php – fix to check if product was purchased * classes/class-woothemes-sensei.php – fix for checking product id
2013.03.10 – version 1.1.1 * classes/class-woothemes-sensei.php – modify function call to use global object, added new product object function * inc/woothemes-sensei-template.php – modify function call to use global object, removed old function * templates/woocommerce/add-to-cart.php – modify function call to use global object
2013.03.04 – version 1.1.0 * assets/chosen/* – added chosen library for improved dropdown usability * assets/css/frontend.css – frontend course category meta styling * assets/css/global.css – admin chosen drop down styling, admin add question button styling * assets/js/lesson-metadata.js – js to set select inputs to use chosen library for Courses, Lessons, and Settings admin area, allow HTML in question title and answers * classes/class-woothemes-sensei-admin.php – register chosen styles * classes/class-woothemes-sensei-course.php – added Course Category column to the write panel and quick edit, added permissions for WooCommerce adding of products, modified course query for paid and free products to check the actual prices of the products * classes/class-woothemes-sensei-frontend.php – logic for additional lesson pagination, additional hooks for frontend output * classes/class-woothemes-sensei-lesson.php – added Course Category to Ajax Course add, register chosen js, added permissions for adding of Courses, modified quiz_questions query to take additional params for ordering * classes/class-woothemes-sensei-posttypes.php – register new Course Category taxonomy for Courses post type, add menu item for Course Category write panel, added meta caps for future post types permissions * classes/class-woothemes-sensei-settings.php – added option to randomize the quiz questions * classes/class-woothemes-sensei-updates.php – new Class for running Sensei upgrade functions * classes/class-woothemes-sensei.php – register new widgets, refactor widget register logic, logic for Course Category taxonomy archive templater loader, added upgrade function actions, added WC functions for virtual products * inc/woothemes-sensei-template.php – added function to get the next and previous lessons, added Course Category archive header logic to template function * templates/content-no-permissions.php – pagination modification * templates/content-single-course.php – pagination modification, course access permissions fix, added frontend hooks for output * templates/content-single-lesson.php – pagination modification, added frontend hooks for output * templates/content-single-quiz.php – pagination modification, added frontend hooks for output * templates/loop-course.php – added Course Category meta info * templates/taxonomy-course-category.php – template file for new Course Category taxonomy terms * templates/single-lesson/lesson-meta.php – conditional for message output * templates/single-quiz/quiz-questions.php – logic for randomizing quiz questions * templates/user/my-courses.php – added Course Category meta info * templates/wrappers/pagination-lesson.php – added file for lesson pagination * templates/wrappers/pagination-posts.php – added file for default pagination * templates/wrappers/pagination-quiz.php – added file for quiz lesson pagination * widgets/widget-woothemes-sensei-category-courses.php – added file to display Courses from a specific Category * widgets/widget-woothemes-sensei-course-categories.php – added file to display a list of Course Categories
2013.02.25 – version 1.0.11 * /assets/css/frontend.css – Adjusted ‘Complete Lesson’ button margin on the Lessons page. * /templates/single-lesson/lesson-meta.php – fixed missing class on Take the Lesson Quiz link. * /templates/single-quiz/quiz-questions.php – fixed logic bug for showing the current status of the completed quiz.
2013.02.14 – version 1.0.10 * /assets/css/frontend.css – Fixed buttons and shortcodes styles that were conflicting with theme styles.
2013.02.12 – version 1.0.9 * templates/content-single-lesson.php – Fix for access permissions setting logic * templates/single-lesson/lesson-mega.php – Fix for access permissions setting logic * templates/single-quiz/quiz-questions.php – Fix for access permissions setting logic
2013.02.11 – version 1.0.8 * assets/js/lesson-metadata.js – added htmlentities function for backend validation on raw HTML input * classes/class-woothemes-sensei-utils.php – validation for not logged in user data * classes/class-woothemes-sensei-settings.php – rewording of setting for access permissions * classes/* – stripped trailing spaces * templates/* – stripped trailing spaces
2013.02.08 – version 1.0.7 * templates/content-single-lesson.php – Fixing bug that prevented the lesson content from showing for some users
2013.02.06 – version 1.0.6 * templates/content-single-lesson.php – Ensuring lesson content does not show until pre-requisite lesson is completed
2013.01.31 – version 1.0.5 * /inc/woo-functions.php – Add WooCommerce checks. Fixes compatibility when running Sensei and WooCommerce extensions, regarding updates. * /inc/class-wc-dependencies.php – ADDED.
2013.01.30 – version 1.0.4 * classes/class-woothemes-sensei-course.php – added function to find product courses * classes/class-woothemes-sensei-utils.php – moved customer bought product function check * classes/class-woothemes-sensei.php – added WooCommerce hooks for completing a payment to add the Course to a users My Courses page * inc/woothemes-sensei-template.php – moved customer bought product function check * templates/user/my-courses.php – updated call to customer bought product function * templates/woocommerce/add-to-cart.php – updated call to customer bought product function
2013.01.29 – version 1.0.3 * classes/class-woothemes-sensei-settings-api.php – fix for conflict with Groups plugin * classes/class-woothemes-sensei-settings.php – options to switch of js and css, and options for complete lesson button, reset lesson button, and to remove No Quiz warning message * classes/class-woothemes-sensei-frontend.php – logic to switch of js and css * templates/content-single-course.php – removed woocommerce after hook to prevent related products conflict * templates/single-lesson/lesson-meta.php – added complete lesson and reset lesson buttons functions * inc/woothemes-sensei-template.php – output functions for complete lesson and reset lesson buttons
2013.01.22 – version 1.0.1 * /inc/woo-functions.php – Include the woo-functions file, for integration with the WooThemes Updater plugin. * /classes/class-woothemes-sensei.php – Add “public” scope to methods missing a scope. Remove call to old plugin updater code. * /classes/class-woothemes-plugin-updater.php – REMOVED. * /lang/woothemes-sensei-en_GB.po – Added language translation file. * /lang/woothemes-sensei-xx_XX.pot – Added language translation file template. * woothemes-sensei.php – Include the woo-functions file.